Proscuitto Cups


So I had this brilliant idea for the month of November on my blog. With the holiday season quickly approaching, I was going to bring you a new Whole30 appetizer once a week for the entire month. Well...that is not happening. I was testing recipes and brainstorming ideas, and then I got sick. Ulcerative Colitis sick...and it has reminded me about self care and what that really means.

Self care doesn't mean going for a pedicure, going on a shopping spree, or splurging on your favorite, overpriced Starbucks drink. What it really truly means, is stepping back and looking at the things you can realistically accomplish and what you can't...and being able to say "no", even when you want to say "yes."

I love the idea of doing an appetizer post once a week for the month of November...and I had brainstormed some great ideas...unfortunately, it isn't going to happen. I will still be posting recipes...but only when I truly have the time and energy to make it happen. When UC rears it's ugly head you need rest, relaxation, sleep, proper eating, and proper hydration. So that is what I will be focusing on...with only a few recipes thrown into the mix!

So with all that said...here is the first of however many I get to, but definitely not last, recipe for a Whole30 appetizer! Proscuitto cups.

This an easy appetizer to make ahead and take with you, and it's so delicious no one will even think it's actually "healthy!"

This recipe makes 24 Proscuitto Cups

Ingredients:

12 slices of Proscuitto
1/3 cup chopped Parsley
1/4 cup chopped Kalamata Olives
1/4 cup chopped Sundried Tomatoes
1 chopped Green Onion
1 Radish julienned
1/2 tsp of Lemon Zest 
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1 tbsp of Olive Oil

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the slices of Proscuitto in half width wise. Put one half slice into each hole of a mini muffin tin. (My muffin tin only makes 12, so I do this twice. I know there are 24 hole mini muffin tins out there, so you might only need to do this once)

2. Put the muffin tin into the oven for 10-12 minutes. Watch it carefully, you want the Proscuitto to firm up to a crisp but not burn.

3. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Move the cups to a serving platter. (Repeat steps 1-3 if your muffin tin only has 12 holes)

4. In a bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients except the radishes. Put 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each proscuitto cup. Top with a few radishes, and serve.




If you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. I would love to see your Whole Gourmet creations! @TheWholeGourmet





Comments

Popular Posts