Whole30 Egg Roll Soup



Hey!!! It's been awhile! I've been sick (UC) and sick again (knock'em down, don't want to leave the house or my bed for three weeks with a nasty cold kind of sick)...but I'm back to feeling like my self again!

One of the recipes that got me through being sick was this Egg Roll Soup. I almost think it's better than the old stand by of Chicken Soup! It's easy, cooks up in one pan...and is of course...Whole30!

Ingredients:

1 pound of Ground Pork
1 medium sized Onion chopped
2 Carrots chopped
4 cups of Cabbage sliced thin in long pieces
2 tbsp Avocado Oil
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 clove of Garlic crushed
1 tbsp of fresh Ginger grated
6 cups of Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 tsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Hot Sauce (Optional)
1/4 cup of Cilantro
1 Green Onion sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:

1. Heat up a large soup pot to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Cook the ground pork until well browned. Remove the pork to a bowl and set aside.

2. Turn the pot down to medium low. Add the other tablespoon of avocado oil along with the sesame oil.  Add the onion and cook until translucent. Then add in the carrots and cook for 2 - 3 minutes to soften.

3. Add in the crushed garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add in the coconut aminos, fish sauce, hot sauce, pork and cabbage. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Serve with cilantro and green onion as garnishes.


***Notes: I like to serve this with a few slices of avocado for my plated fat. Feel free to add more hot sauce if you are a hot sauce lover, and feel free to add other veggies too.


If you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. I would love to see your Whole Gourmet creations! @TheWholeGourmet




Comments

Popular Posts