Quick Frittata...for one!


I recently purchased a "new to me" stainless steel frying pan for $4. We had been looking at purchasing one that was brand new...but we spend a lot of time in thrift stores and you never know what you might find. 

We found one...it was a good brand name, and I could tell whoever owned it, just didn't know how to cook in a stainless steel pan...so they got rid of it. Yeah for us! LOL A little bit of elbow grease and the frying pan was like new.

I was experimenting with making omelettes at first...then it morphed into an open faced omelette that I finish in the oven...which I now call my "Quick Frittata...for one!" They are so quick to make and so tasty, with endless combinations.

Ingredients:

2 Eggs beaten well
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp of Avocado Oil
1 slice of cooked Bacon
3 slices of Roasted Yam 
4 Grape Tomatoes quartered
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 Green Onion sliced
1/2 an Avocado
2 tbsp Salsa

Method:

1. Place a dry oven proof frying pan on the burner and turn the heat to medium low. Allow the pan to come up to heat without any oil in it. Turn your oven onto broil.

2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them really well. Gather ingredients and chop them to the desired size. I do this while the pan is heating up.

3. Once the pan is quite hot, pour in the Avocado Oil. Swirl the pan to coat it. Watch for the oil to begin to shimmer, and swirl the pan again to make sure it is coated well with the oil. This step will make your stainless steel pan work like a non-stick...it's amazing!

4. Beat the eggs one more time, and add the Apple Cider Vinegar. Pour into the pan...swirl the pan gently to make sure there is an even coating of the egg mixture in the pan. Turn the burner down to low.

5. Top the eggs with your prepared ingredients, and Salt & Pepper to taste. Then pop the pan into the pre-heated oven.

6. This will cook quick...I usually only leave it in the oven for 3-4 minutes and it's done. So keep a close eye on it.

7. Remove from the oven and it should slide right out of the pan and onto your plate. Top with green onions and serve it with half an Avocado, and some Salsa.


***Notes: This is just the basic recipe to show you the method...you can obviously change up the meat and vegetables to make all sorts of flavor combinations. You could use bacon, ham, sausage, tomatoes, onions, peppers, potatoes, spinach, etc... I also like to add a little bit of goat feta when I'm not on a Whole30 round.

This can easily be made for two people, just add two more eggs, and cut in half when finished. I wouldn't make it with more than 4 eggs, as the cook time would be off.

if you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. I would love to see your Whole Gourmet creations! @TheWholeGourmet

Comments

Popular Posts