Sausage & Sweet Potato Frittata


Since I started The Whole Gourmet blog I've been trying to post 2 recipes/blog posts a week. This week will only be one...I apologize...but my refrigerator died this week. We saw it coming and ordered one for delivery and it didn't show up...so we ordered another one...and it too did not show up. So that means I have no where to safely keep the ingredients for recipe testing. I was able to pull this one off just before the fridge took a really bad turn. I hope you like it! It's a pretty basic Frittata...but easy enough to switch the ingredients to change up the flavors! In fact...it's the perfect recipe for cleaning out the fridge! ;)

Ingredients:

1 tsp Ghee
6 Eggs
1/4 cup of Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 cubes thawed frozen Spinach
1 Green Onion chopped
1 cup diced Sweet Potato
1/2 cup of pre-cooked Sausage diced 
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
5 thin slices of Tomato
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
Parsley for garnish

Method:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish with the Ghee. 

2. Crack the Eggs into a bowl and whisk for about 2 minutes...this will help the Frittata to be fluffy.

3. Mix into the Eggs the Coconut Milk, Nutritional Yeast, Spinach, Green Onion, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt & Pepper. 

4. Pour into the casserole dish. Sprinkle in the sweet potato and pre-cooked Sausage. Lay the thin slices of tomato on top.

5. Cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve with a sprinkle of fresh Parsley.



**Notes: This is a basic Frittata recipe...so feel free to switch up the meat & veggies to give it different flavors. I've been wanting to make one with compliant chorizo, but haven't been able to find any...maybe I'll have to make my own!

If you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. I would love to see your Whole Gourmet creations! @TheWholeGourmet #TheWholeGourmet

Comments

Popular Posts