Nuts are a great fat source while on the Whole30. I wasn't really digging eating just raw nuts and have always loved roasted nuts. This recipe is actually adapted from a recipe my sister gave me for the roasted nuts she makes...but of course was not Whole30 compliant...so I made some adjustments! These travel really well...they don't need to be refridgerated...and make for a great fat source on the go or while travelling. I also keep a small container of them in my desk at work! For a step by step video guide...check out the highlights on my Instagram. @TheWholeGourmet
4 cups of nuts of your choosing (no peanuts for Whole30...I used 1 1/3 cup of raw organic Cashews, 1 1/3 cup of raw organic Pecans, and 1 1/3 cup of raw organic Macadamia nuts )
3 tbsp Coconut Aminos
2-3 dashes of Fish Sauce (Red Boast Fish Sauce is Whole30 compliant)
1 tsp Avocado Oil
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp TJ's 21 Seasoning Salute
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp of Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225...and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Gather your nuts of choice onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the nuts from the oven and change the oven temperature to 275.
4. Using a spatula move all the nuts to the center of the pan. Lifting the parchment paper from either side, slide the nuts into a glass bowl. Put the parchment paper back onto the baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl mix together the Coconut Aminos, Fish Sauce, and Avocado Oil. Add the mixture to the nuts and stir. Now add the Garlic Powder, 21 Seasoning Salute, Nutritional Yeast, and Salt and stir to evenly coat the nuts.
6. Pour the nuts back onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet, and put back in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
7. Once the nuts have cooled you can store them in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
*Notes: you can use any kind of spices you like...if you like spicy try chili powder, paprika, Garam Masala, or cumin, and if you like sweet you could try cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice.
If you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. @TheWholeGourmet #TheWholeGourmet: