Mediterranean Chicken Salad




This is one of my Whole30 faves...in fact...it's the only Whole30 recipe I have made that I actually crave...and usually make once a week. I've strayed from the Chicken Salad norm here and given it a Mediterranean twist. This is a great recipe to make with leftover chicken...I often cook a little extra chicken breast or thigh so I have leftovers just to make this recipe. It comes together quickly, is absolutely delicious & great for lunches on the go, road trips, or a day at the beach.

Ingredients:

2 cups of cooked Chicken, diced or shredded
3/4 cup Whole30 Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup Kalamata Olives, de-pitted & chopped
2 Green Onions chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
Zest & juice of half a Lemon
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (use 1 crushed garlic clove if you are a garlic lover)
1/4 tsp Pepper
6 large Lettuce leaves cleaned for serving

Method:

1. Put all ingredients, except the lettuce leaves into a bowl. Stir until combined.


2. Serve on lettuce leaves.

**Notes: I don't use salt because of the salty olives...but if you like a salty flavor, add salt to taste. I also add a chopped canned artichoke heart if I have a can open...it is a great addition to the Chicken Salad.

You can also serve a tablespoon of Mediterranean Chicken Salad on a cucumber slice as an appetizer!


If you make one of my recipes please tag me in your Instagram photos. I would love to see your Whole Gourmet creations! @TheWholeGourmet #TheWholeGourmet

Comments

Popular Posts